Places to Visit/Things to Do
You wouldn’t think of finding a botanical garden in the desert, but the Desert Botanical Garden is truly beautiful. It houses thousands of different kinds of plants, from cacti to flowers. Throughout the garden, there are trails so you can explore the desert’s beauty. The Desert Botanical Garden is also the host of a multitude of events, from culinary to music. Another interesting thing to see is the garden when the sun goes down. The garden is illuminated, and all the trails and paths are well lit. The garden is open from May through September from 7 am to 8 pm and from 8 am to 8 pm October to April. Admission for adults is $24.95, and for kids aged 3 to 17 it is $12.95.
If you’re looking for a great art museum in Phoenix, look no further. The Phoenix Art Museum is one of the largest museum of its kind in the Southwest. It houses almost 20,000 pieces of art, from paintings to sculptures. Some pieces are even from the Renaissance times. The museum is also home to several permanent collections from artists like Georgia O’Keefe. One of the most appealing things about the museum is its use for all ages; even kids can enjoy here. On-site of the museum, you also can find a restaurant and a gift shop. The Phoenix Art Museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm on Tuesday to Saturday (Wednesdays have extended hours till 9 pm.) On Sunday, they’re open from noon to 5 pm. Admission for kids under 8 is about $9 and adults will have to pay about $18. On Wednesday evenings and the first Friday of the month’s evening, entry is free.
If you enjoy the company of animals, you have to visit the Phoenix Zoo. The zoo features many kinds of animals, from primates to big cats. If you’re bringing your kids with you, make sure you take them over to the Red Barn petting zoo. Here, they can hang around their favorite farm animals. The giraffe encounter is also another great place for kids to enjoy. If you want something you can sit back and relax on, consider the narrated safari train tour. It gives an overview on the zoo and only costs a few bucks extra. General admission for adults costs $24.95; kids aged 3 to 13 will have to pay $14.95. Those under 3 can enter for free. If you purchase the tickets on the zoo’s website, you can save $2 on each admission ticket. Additional experiences and amenities like the safari train and the several eateries cost extra. The Phoenix Zoo is open most of the year; hours depend on the season.
One of the most interesting places to visit in Phoenix is the Musical Instrument Museum. It holds over 6,000 instruments of all kinds from around the world. Visitors start off on the first floor, where they can find a variety of instruments, famous musicians’ clothing, footage of performances, and more. As they travel upwards, they can find the rooms separated by geographic regions. Each region offers its own instruments on display. The museum is also a prime place to catch some live music, since they hold around 200 concerts each year in their theater. Tickets for adults cost $20; tickets for kids aged 13 to 19 cost $15; and those 4 to 12 enter for $10. The museum is open daily from 9 am to 5 pm.
Do you enjoy baseball? If you do, head over to the Chase Field to watch the Arizona Diamondbacks of the MLB. The Chase Field is an amazing stadium, with a kid-friendly environment and with a retractable roof. Not to mention it has air conditioning, so you won’t feel the desert climate heat. The park is unique from other baseball stadium in several ways. One of the main reasons is that they have a pool and a hot tub (staffed with lifeguards) just a bit over 400 feet from home plate. If you miss the chance to catch a Diamondbacks game, don’t worry as you can still tour the stadium. Tours are available three times each day from Monday to Saturday for the entire year. Tours cost about $7 and $3 for adults and children, respectively. For game times, stay updated with their website.
Best Way to Tour Phoenix, AZ
- The best way to tour the city of Phoenix (as well as many other cities) is by chartered buses and vans. Explore at your own pace within the safety of your private vehicle. Don’t worry about ordering an Uber or Lyft when you have your own exploration vehicle. Through Prompt Charters, you can order the buses you need. Prompt Charters is an amazing, affordable chartered vehicle company that caters to your every need. Whether you need a bus for school trips, marriages, parties, campaigns, or whatever else, Prompt Charters can help you. Prompt Charters offers deluxe motor coaches, mini buses, school buses, party buses, and more. Most activities and destinations listed above and below are accessible by chartered buses. Visit promptcharters.com to book your rental bus today!
Best Places to Eat/Shop
- Biltmore Fashion Park – If you’re looking for an amazing upscale mall, Biltmore is the way to go. They offer high end stores and retailers, as well as plenty of dining options. Dining-wise, they have both restaurants and fast food options.
- Desert Ridge Marketplace – Desert Ridge Marketplace is another popular shopping mall in Phoenix. The mall is over one million square feet that is comprised of many stores and services. They also have a food court with plenty of options.
- Phoenix Premium Outlets – The Phoenix Premium Outlets is one of the newer shopping centers in the metro area of the city. The high-end shopping destination features over 90 stores and services, including fashion and designer brands like Coach, Michael Kors, and more.
- Steak 44 – I wonder what kind of restaurant Steak 44 is? Just kidding, obviously it is a steakhouse, a high-end steakhouse at that. The American steakhouse is rated the #1 fine dining restaurant in Phoenix by tripadvisor for 2018.
- Bobby Q – Another great restaurant is Bobby Q, a popular local joint. The Southwestern restaurant is popular for its local cuisine. Bobby Q is rated the #1 local cuisine restaurant in the city by tripadvisor for 2018.