Have you or your family ever thought about visiting Orlando, one of the most beautiful cities in Florida? Packed with activities for both young ones and adults, the city is a popular tourist attraction. In 2017, Orlando boasted 72 million visitors, making it the nation’s tourist capital. Check out these activities that make Orlando so popular.
Spend a day at a theme park
Want to have a blast at a theme park? Orlando is the theme park capital of the world with Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld parks located throughout the city. Tourists come from around the world just to visit these famous parks. You should too!
Walt Disney World is the most iconic theme park in Orlando as well as the most popular in the world. Let’s explore each of its parks!
- Magic Kingdom
is the most popular park, with over 19 million visitors each year. The most popular attractions in Magic Kingdom include visiting Cinderella’s castle, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and many others. Visit the Disney website’s attraction page for the full list of attractions.
is another famous Disney park, remembered by the giant “golf ball”. The golf ball is actually a popular ride called Spaceship Earth, a ride that shows the technological advances made throughout history. Other popular attractions include Soarin’, Test Track, and Frozen Ever After. We also recommend visiting other countries in Epcot’s World Showcase. It gives you the opportunity to learn and enjoy the cultures of countries around the world.
- Another park Disney has to offer is Animal Kingdom.
Here, you can interact with animals, go on safaris, and take a journey on a river. We recommend you to go to Pandora- The World of Avatar added in 2017. Here, you can take a popular 3D flying simulator ride called the Flight of Passage. Other attractions to visit include the Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest, Maharajah Jungle Trek, and Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail. Also, if you have kids, we suggest you take them to the 3D show, It’s Tough to Be a Bug.
- The last Disney park but certainly not least is Hollywood Studios.
Based around movies and shows, Hollywood Studios is a blast for both kids and adults. Make sure to visit the new Toy Story Land, where you can become the size of a toy.
- If you’re looking for a thrill ride, head over to Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. Here, you can free fall down the tower at scary speeds. We also recommend that you visit the Star Wars area, the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith.
- Universal Studios is another major park in Orlando, Florida.
Like Hollywood Studios, it is also based on the entertainment industry. It’s best to spend the whole day here, as there is just so much to do. Visit a special effects show, or ride scary coasters. You decide how much fun you want to have. Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, and the Harry Potter attractions are all recommended.
- SeaWorld is a park based off aquatic animals.
Watch killer whales jump and do tricks in the water, or become a flying manta ray on the Manta. If you’re not afraid of heights, we recommend riding the Mako (200 ft.) and Kraken (153 ft.). Other attractions to visit include Wild Arctic and Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.
Spend Time Outdoors
Doing things outside is a great way to spend time in Orlando. Check out these top 10 cool outdoor activities listed below.
- Spend time in the 50 acres of the beautiful Harry P. Leu Gardens
- Take a paddle boat across Lake Eola, or you can just stroll around the park
- Take a ride in the sky with Orlando balloon rides
- Drive a jet ski with Extreme Jet Ski of Orlando
- Swim with the dolphins with Florida Dolphin Tours
- Take a helicopter tour of the city
- Get close up to a gator at Gatorland
- Cool off at ShipWreck Island Water Park
- Drive an ATV or a Buggy with Revolution Off Road
- Meet zebras at the Safari Wilderness Ranch
Best Places to Shop
There are many amazing places to shop in Orlando. Go shopping and eat at Disney Springs, or enjoy your time at Pointe Orlando. Shop your favorite brands at the Orlando Premium Outlets, Mall at Millenia, or The Florida Mall. Buy some souvenirs and have lunch at Universal’s City Walk. It doesn’t matter where you are in the city. There are always great places to shop.
Note: Seven things you need to bring on your vacay to Orlando
- Sunscreen – it is probably going to be sunny, so don’t forget sunscreen
- Comfortable footwear – keep your feet relaxed as you walk
- Comfortable clothes – stay casual as you tour the city
- Umbrella – rain is usually common, especially throughout the summer
- Proper ID – don’t forget to bring your ids as you might need them
- Camera – make sure you save those memories
- Extra batteries/chargers – keep the juice in your devices
Prompt Charters & Tours is a leading charter bus company in Orlando with ultra luxury coach buses that can take your group to all these top destinations. Call us today at 877 277 6678.
Enjoy your vacation!