Places to Visit/Things to Do
If you’re looking for a fun time at an amusement park, head over to Joyland Amusement Park. Joyland is a small family-run, family-owned amusement park located inside Mackenzie Park. Originally founded as Mackenzie Park Playground in the 1940s, Joyland has attracted thousands of visitors, making it one of the most popular attractions in Lubbock. They feature over 30 rides and attractions, perfect for any age groups. Joyland operates in the months of March to September. Like many small-scale amusement parks, they charge per ride instead of all-access admission. After purchasing general admission, each ride costs $2.75 or a group of 10 for $20.
Lubbock has an interesting selection of entertainment. In a way, the Buddy Holly Center is one of them, and it’s probably the most popular as well. Ever hear of Buddy Holly, the pioneer in rock ’n’ roll music. The center showcases many things he owned, including his guitars and person items. The Buddy Holly Center is also a performance and visual arts facility. You can catch unique performances here. For the Buddy Holly galleries, adult admission is $8, $6 for seniors above 60, $5 for children under 18 and for students, and free for kids under 7, museum members, and active military personnel. The fine arts gallery has free admission. The Buddy Holly Center is open from 10 am to 5 pm from Tuesday through Saturday. On Sundays, they open at 1 and close at 5 pm. On Mondays and major holidays, the center is closed.
Many cities in Texas have many historical sites. The Lubbock Lake National Historic Landmark may be the most popular one in Lubbock. Also known as the Lubbock Lake Landmark, it is an important archaeological site that is proclaimed to offer 12,000 years of history. The 336-acre site, a protected state and federal landmark, is said to contain evidence of extinct and endangered animals, as well as ancient peoples. The Lubbock Lake National Historic Landmark is open to the public from 9 am to 5 pm on Tuesday through Saturday, and from 1 to 5 pm on Sundays. The landmark is closed on Mondays and major holidays. There is no admission fee to this site.
Museum of Texas Tech University
Do you like art? Do you like science? What about nature? Get all of this in one destination at the Museum of Texas Tech University. The museum is another popular attraction in Lubbock, Texas. The museum is made up of several “departments: the Moody Planetarium, the Lubbock Lake Landmark, the Natural Science Research Laboratory, and the Val Verde County research site. In the main building, the Moody Planetarium, you can find countless items belonging to the areas of art, science, geography, and so much more. You can also watch unique performances and observe interesting exhibits here. The museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm from Tuesday to Saturday, and from 1 to 5 pm on Sundays. On Mondays and major holidays, the museum is closed.
Do you enjoy spending time outdoors? If so, Mackenzie Park would be perfect for you. Here, you can find a multitude of activities, such as golf courses, gardens, and even the Joyland Amusement Park (read above). Mackenzie Park is also the home of the Prairie Dog Town, an attraction featuring Texas’ prairie dogs and more. Mackenzie Park is open to the public 24 hours 365 days of the year, unless there is an emergency event.
There is no price of admission to enjoy most amenities of the park, but certain events and attractions may cost money. If you have spare time on your hands, Mackenzie Park is perfect for those looking to enjoy time outdoors.
Best Way to Tour Stamford, CT
- The best way to tour the city of Stamford (as well as many other cities) is by chartered buses and vans. Explore at your own pace within the safety of your private vehicle. Don’t worry about ordering an Uber or Lyft when you have your own exploration vehicle. Through Prompt Charters, you can order the buses you need. Prompt Charters is an amazing, affordable chartered vehicle company that caters to your every needs. Whether you need a bus for school trips, marriages, parties, campaigns, or whatever else, Prompt Charters can help you. Prompt Charters offers buses, mini buses, school buses, party buses, and more. Most activities and destinations listed above and below are accessible by chartered buses. Visit www.promptcharters.com to book your rental bus today!
Best Places to Eat/Shop
- South Plains Mall – South Plains Mall, the largest shopping mall in Lubbock, is a popular shopping destination among both locals and tourists. This shopping mall features stores like Dillard’s, American Eagle, H&M, JCPenney, Sears, and more. They also feature plenty of dining options
- Kingsgate Center North – Kingsgate Center North is one of the two Kingsgate Malls in Lubbock. It features stores like Chico’s, Talbots, and more. They also feature great, cheap dining options such as Chipotle, Pei Wei, and more
- Kingsgate Center South – The second of the Kingsgate malls, Kingsgate Center South is literally across the street from Kingsgate Center North. There stores are combined and include the same listed above. Their dining options as well are combined.
- Double Nickel Steakhouse –Who doesn’t enjoy a great fancy meal? Have one at the Double Nickel Steak House, a popular fine-dining joint. The American steakhouse is rated the #1 fine-dining restaurant in Lubbock according to tripadvisor (in 2018).
- The Shack –What a great name for a great restaurant! The Shack is a popular local restaurant in Lubbock. The American barbecue restaurant is rated the #1 local restaurant in Lubbock by tripadvisor (in 2018).
Enjoy your Vacay!